Who we are
Jacqui Jameson and Debra Norton work with a network of highly qualified careers advisers and draw support from a range of associates with expertise in careers information, labour market information, psychometric assessment and related fields.
- Deputy Principal Careers Adviser with Doncaster Council
- HR Director at Nord Anglia plc (one of the main national contractors for the Careers Service and Connexions)
- Head of Professional Development with Nord Anglia Training and Development Services.
Jacqui Jameson Associates
- Set up JJA in 2006
- Worked as part of Doncaster Council’s 14-19 team, supporting local schools in curriculum development
- Worked with careers co-ordinators across Doncaster to lead on career development strategy
- Undertook HR projects for a range of customers, including the NHS
- Developed the ‘Raising the Participation Age’ marketing campaign for Barnsley Council (a national pilot for this initiative)
- Carried out an evaluation of best practice in the use of individual learning plans across Barnsley
- Commissioned to do an audit of careers IAG provision across Doncaster’s secondary schools and to make recommendations for its ongoing development within each school.
- Delivered a range of bespoke personal and organisational development programmes for clients including schools, local authorities, employers and private sector organisations such as SERCO
- As part of the Local Enterprise Growth Initiative (LEGI) funding, Jacqui chaired the strategic group Doncaster Enterprise for Learning (DE4L)
- Trained over 180 employers to work in effective partnership with local schools
- A facilitator for The Pacific Institute, whose programmes help individuals and organisations unlock their potential
- Governor at Hill House independent school in Doncaster
- Business Studies graduate with a Postgraduate Diploma in Careers Guidance
- NVQ Level 5 in Management
- ILM Level 5 Diploma in Management
- NVQ Level 4 in HRD
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- C&G 7307 Certificate in Teaching Adult Learners
- NVQ TDLB D32/33/34 Assessors and Verifiers Awards
- Internal Quality Auditor and Business Excellence Model Assessor
- Approved facilitator for the The Pacific Instititute
- Training Manager and Deputy Team Leader in Sheffield Careers Service
- Senior Lecturer in Careers Guidance at the University of Huddersfield (Diploma in Careers Guidance, Masters in Careers Guidance , Student Services and Connexions Diploma/Certificate
- CfBT Regional Training Manager for Connexions Service Development
- 14-19 Learning Partnership Co-ordinator Barnsley
- Aimhigher Co-ordinator
- CEIAG Strategy Manager in Barnsley
- Raising Participation Manager.
Consultancy Experience (Debra Norton Associates)
- Worked with a range of public and private sector careers companies to support change management, theory and professional practice
- Quality assurance and capability assessment of individual practitioners
- Bespoke course development leading to accreditation
- Conference and CPD event speaking
- Regional and national group facilitation.
- Working in partnership to develop wider engagement in the careers offer to schools and academies
- National lead for DfE in Raising of the Participation Age on the area of CEIAG
- Development and support to regional networks
- Widening participation in Higher Education
- BA (Hons) in Business Studies
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Careers Guidance
- Institute of Personnel Management (Stage 2)
- MA Post-16 Education and Training Policy
- Certificate in Leadership and Management.