Working with employers
“High-quality careers provision which is independent of learning providers, informed by the labour market and provided by specialist careers advisers” is the role that impartial careers guidance plays in promoting social mobility.” 2010 Careers England report: Social Mobility of Young People and Adults in England: The Contribution and Impact of High-Quality Careers Services
The benefits of working with Careers Inc
- We’re local to South Yorkshire, so we know the area, the industries, the employers, the schools and, in many cases, the students
- Employers have the opportunity to develop their relationships with local schools, which is vital because of the renewed emphasis on apprenticeships
- As a result of our outstanding careers information, advice and guidance, students come to employers (whether for work-related activities or employment) as well-informed and motivated young people
- Employers have the opportunity to inform and influence the curriculum
- Engagement with individual local schools gives employers a greater understanding of the context of educational achievement when they receive job applications from young people
- Employers can develop their understanding of the ever-changing qualifications framework, which will help when recruiting
- Employees and management benefit (in terms of professional development) by engaging with young people in schools
- Engaging with schools and helping to develop young people’s futures is an excellent way to fulfil an organisation’s corporate social responsibility commitments.
Our menu of Information, Advice and Guidance services for employers
- We can facilitate employer-focused workshops, using local labour market information, for the benefit of schools, careers advisers and students
- We can help employers to ensure that they are making an effective contribution to school/employer partnerships
- We can take employers into schools to assist tutors and to deliver workshops.