Join our team
We’re looking for talented, hard-working associate careers advisers to join our team in South Yorkshire. If you’d like a great job helping young people to achieve their potential and gain the skills to successfully manage a lifelong career, we want to hear from you.
We have immediate vacancies for September 2013!
For more information download and complete our expression of interest form
What are we looking for in our associate careers advisers?
- Self-motivation and commitment
- Experience working with young people in the 14-19 age range
- A diploma in careers guidance, the qualification in careers guidance or an NVQ 4 in Advice and Guidance
- The ability to develop creative solutions in careers information, advice and guidance (IAG)
- Good team-working skills with other advisers and associates
- Evidence of careers and higher-education work in an academic school or college (advantageous)
- Knowledge of psychometric assessment (advantageous)
- The ability to work flexibly
- The potential to develop.
What do we offer our associate careers advisers?
- A fantastic opportunity to develop innovative and bespoke careers IAG services for schools in the South Yorkshire area
- A professional environment where the only target is to support schools and their students
- The chance to work flexibly on a self-employed basis with one or more schools
- The opportunity to negotiate which school or schools you work in
- Participation in the Pacific Institute’s STEPS, an internationally recognised personal development programme
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Continuing professional development.
What sort of job do our associate careers advisers do?
The role is structured according to required school outcomes, business needs and location. The number of days and expertise you can offer will be discussed at interview. In general, the role involves:
- delivery of guidance interviews
- group sessions/themed workshops for staff, students and parents
- psychometric profiling
- attendance/presentations at parents’ evenings and careers/higher-education events
- curriculum enhancements to promote career development.
Our own Kitemark
We have established a unique Careers Inc Kitemark for our associate careers advisers. This enables you to:
- Re-energise your professional practice
- Deliver the highest-quality training and development in line with national standards
- Promote cutting-edge knowledge of the labour market and career pathways
- Enhance your skills and techniques in engaging parents and students
- Share best practice and provide the opportunity to enhance guidance through a ‘case-conference’ approach
- Deliver careers information, advice and guidance which reflects the relevant legislation and government directives.
All our associate advisers hold relevant CRB checks and are fully insured (such as professional indemnity)
For more information download and complete our expression of interest form.